- 3 tablespoons Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A little bit of olive oil
This is enough rub for about 3 lbs of chicken wings, both flats and drumsticks. You don’t need a lot of smoke on the wings, I’ve used apple and cherry wood so far and both turned out great.
- Start by getting the wings dry with a paper towel.
- Mix your dry rub ingredients.
- Put the wings in a large bowl and give them a good splash of olive oil.
- Toss the wings in the bowl and mix in your dry rub. Get them good and coated.
- Refrigerate them for about 2 hours in the bowl.
- Pull them out of the fridge and let them sit about 30 minutes to come up to room temp.
- Get the Egg stable at 350-375F, indirect heat (heat deflectors on the upper rack), for 60 minutes. Flip them over once at 30 minutes into the cook.